Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pretty Darn Cool

I was sitting in choir this week, listening to our director work with the soprano and bass sections, and I had this moment of sheer wonder. How cool is it that some 25 voices can all work in tandem to produce such a beautiful sound? How cool is it that some 25 pairs of eyes (and brains) can read music and translate that into commands for vocal folds?

Pretty darn cool.

I was half-watching TV tonight, some program about tornadoes, and was blown away by the idea that just rushing air can cause that much damage and capture our imaginations so thoroughly.

I was talking through conflict resolution concepts with one of my best friends, and it was so cool to consider how differently every single person on this planet thinks. We all see things so incredibly differently, and that's rad.

I was talking with a friend about the future and leadership opportunities, and she pointed out that it's no accident that I'm perfectly balanced between two demographics that are about to be united in a new campus and area organization.

My friend fell asleep, and I was watching their chest rise and fall. It blew my mind to just think about all the systems that work in a body, even a sleeping body. How cool is that?

Pretty darn cool.

We have an incredible, creative Father God. That's pretty darn cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment