Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Just a Boy

This is a song I wrote in the summer of 2011. I found it in some old stuff, and thought I'd share.

~~~
I was falling down
Stumbling on my own way.
Thought I knew it all,
But then came the day:

I fell too far,
For something that wouldn't last.
But God picked me up
In His love that's deep and vast.

See you're just a boy
Who's never been mine.
But I've got my God
To keep me satisfied.

Now, each day gets better,
But each day still hurts.
Just know that I'm healing,
I can't get worse.

'Cuz you're just a boy
Who's never been mine.
But I've got my God,
To keep me satisfied.

I've moved on,
My heart's been made pure.
I don't need you now
And I won't cry anymore.

See, you're just a boy
Who's never been mine.
But I've got my God,
And I'll be just fine.
~~~

Have you ever listened to Ooh Ahh by Grits? If not, I recommend that you do. Right now. I'm a huge fan.
Anyways, In the song, there is a line,
The fear of never falling in love and the tears after losing the feeling of what you thought love was.
Last Summer, that was what I felt like. I cried pointless tears over a guy who dumped me because I thought that I had lost "love." I felt like I'd never be whole again, and a part of me would always be missing. The pain I felt in my heart burdened me and brought me down. One day, though, while just playing around on the piano, it hit me. I felt better than I had the day before. I was gonna be alright. There, in my moment of revelation, this song was born. After I had finished it, I felt lighter knowing that I didn't need that boy in order to be happy. I found the true love of God which was enough to keep me fully satisfied.

It has a tune and stuff, but I don't have the ability or talent to record and/or post. Sorry team!

No comments:

Post a Comment