Monday, March 19, 2012

Dear Boys, an Apology

Dear boys,
I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the horrible treatment, the gossip, the judgement, the pressure, the expectations and the double standards.
I'm sorry that for years us girls have been showing off how we deserve to be treated better, but all the while, we're refusing to even care about how you are doing that day.
Sure, we kinda care. We'll check in occasionally. We definitely care if something will affect how you feel about US. For our selfish ways, I'm sorry.
I'm sorry for the times I have broken your heart and walked all over it. Even if you broke up with me, that was no excuse to flirt with every boy in front of you, try to make you jealous, or tempt you.
Sorry for thinking that we need to tempt you in order to get your attention, especially when that attention is already on someone else.
I'm sorry for thinking that men who care don't exist, while pressuring you to be the tough ones.
I'm sorry for thinking that you didn't have feelings.
Thank you, brothers, for being such men. Thank you for treating us right, for treating us like princesses and for holding us when we cry. Thank you for how blatant and honest you are with us. Thank you for the genuine smiles, and the laughs that we share. Thank you for trying to be the best man you can be.
I'm just sorry we don't treat you better.
Sincerely,
These Dancing Daughters of the King

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was really good, and really well written. Thank you for a great blog post :-)

    ReplyDelete